Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Poem From An Adult Child

Growing up was very hard,
Wondering how I make it this far,
All the pain I felt inside,
Is it any wonder I wanted to die?

Looking at myself today,
Why has it not gone away?
All those beatings that made me cry,
That’s the time I wished I died.

All the things that were said to me,
Through my life I believed.
It’s time to look deep inside,
Life’s to precious to want to die.

Today’s the day I say goodbye,
To all the pain I feel inside.
It’s time to forgive the people from the past,
To me that seems like a good place to start.

It’s time to look at all the good in my life,
And stop dwelling on the past.
To open my eyes to the world and see,
At all the beauty waiting for me.

It’s time to wake up and see,
I’ve come to realize it’s down to me.
Thinking of the positives in my life,
That should stop me thinking from of the past.

- Mick




Special thanks to Mick for sharing his heartfelt poem with all of us.


Check out the Orange County ACA website at: Orange County Adult Children

No comments: